18 Jul Who Said That?
In the haunted house industry, there are some favorite quotes that come up now and again, particularly in reference to the fine art of scaring the wits out of people. It takes a special kind of person to work in a haunted house, and the folks who work in your friendly neighborhood haunted houses in Dallas are no exception. They tend to have a wry sense of humor, a touch of kinky fetishism and a penchant for the occasional walk on the dark side; hence these quotes are quite apropos.
See if you can recognize the authors of these famous witticisms:
1. Where there is no imagination, there is no horror. Indeed, your imagination is more powerful than any visual images or special effects, which leads us to the next one:
2. There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it. Suspense, anticipation, and dread are often much worse than the deed itself. Also, seeing things can be frightening, but sometimes it’s what you don’t see that is even more terrifying, because:
3. The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown. One of the many unknowns that we all carry within us is our dark side, and one of our greatest fears is that someone might catch a glimpse of it.
4. Everyone is a moon and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. Except, perhaps when he goes to work in a haunted house…
5. There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls. These are the nights when strange things happen at Thrillvania Haunted House Park.
6. Blondes make the best victims. They’re like white snow that shows up the bloody footprints. There’s a price to be paid for having more fun…
7. I’ve seen enough horror movies to know that any weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly. Especially when they’re brandishing a chain saw!
Think you know who said that? Check out the answer section to see your score!
1) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 2) Alfred Hitchcock, 3) H. P. Lovecraft, 4) Mark Twain, 5) George Carlin, 6) Alfred Hitchcock, 7) Nancy McLoughlin as Lizabeth in Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI.